RODMELL VILLAGE HALL
TERMS and CONDITIONS FOR LETTING FOR ALL PURPOSES
Including music, singing and dancing
The premises are subject to the following conditions:
1. The hirer/use must be over 21 years of age and will be responsible for the behaviour,
conduct and activities of all those attending in connection with the hire, both in and
around the Hall.
2. All hirers/users of the Hall should carry out their own Risk Assessment and consider
whether they need insurance cover for their activities.
3. The number of people using the Hall is strictly limited to 100. If people are to be
seated, there are 70 chairs available.
4. The hirer/user is responsible for maintaining good order and ensuring that at no
time will there be any excessive noise to the annoyance of neighbours, nor any
betting, unlawful lottery games, or gaming of any kind. No loud music after 11.00pm.
5. Health and Safety:
a) There is a First Aid kit in the kitchen area, with an accident book. Hirers should
report any accidents to the committee, via the accident book.
b) The hirer must ensure that all members of their group are familiar with the location
of the 2 fire exits and the fire extinguishers. You must ensure that the exits are kept
unlocked and free of obstruction during the period of hire. In the event of a fire,
your priority should be to evacuate everybody from the building and to summon
the emergency services. Only use the fire extinguishers if the fire is small and you
are confident in your abilities. Do NOT use candles or fireworks in the hall.
c) The hirer is responsible for ensuring that all electrical or other equipment brought
onto the premises is in good working order and is used in a safe manner.
d) Smoking is not permitted in the hall or immediately outside it.
6. The Hall is not licensed for the sale of alcohol, and the hirer/user will be responsible
for obtaining any special licence in this connection. If you plan to have alcohol at
your event (whether for sale or “bring your own”), you, the hirer, are responsible for
a) No-one under the age of 18 consumes alcohol
b) Anyone becoming unruly or incapable is removed from the premises
c) Licensing laws are fully complied with
d) No damage is caused to local residents or their property.
Failure to comply with these conditions may lead to the immediate cancellation of
your event without notice, refund or compensation.
7. At the end of the letting, the hirer/user must ensure that the Hall and its
surroundings are left in a clean condition, that all equipment is put away (stack
chairs and put away tables), all rubbish is disposed of and that all heating and electrical appliances are
switched off. The Hall must then be properly secured and the key returned to the
If the condition of the Hall is not deemed acceptable, the hirer/user will be charged
for any additional cleaning required.
8. Any damage to the property, including windows, or the loss of contents, will be
charged to the hirer/user.
9. The hirer/user must not fix any notices, decorations etc to the walls or ceilings with
drawing pins, staples, sellotape, blu-tack or by any other method. The hirer/user
may fix any items to the woodwork with blue-tack or drawing pins (but not staples).
The use of aerosol sprays for decorations is prohibited.
10. The Management Committee takes no responsibility for any accident or injury
caused by any such behaviour, conduct or activities.
11. The Management Committee reserves the right to refuse any application for the
hiring of the Hall.
The hirer/user hereby agrees to comply with the above conditions.
– Cost of hire: Rodmell Residents £8 per hour or £55 all day
Non-Residents £12 per hour
– Hirers will be invoiced by the Village Hall Treasurer, Laurence Thomas
– £1 and £2 coins are needed for the electricity meter – this will last approx. 45 minutes
with all the heaters on. All other electricity is included in the hire fee. Meter is situated
in the room immediately to the left of the kitchen, on the wall facing you as you enter
– Kitchen details:
Oven – the main switch is situated in the cupboard to the right of the oven
Hot water – switch to the left of the sink under the wall units. Water gets extremely
HOT. Please turn OFF after use.
No children are allowed in the kitchen.
Please keep a copy of these Terms & Conditions for your information, and either complete a contact form or return a copy of this booking form, signed and dated, to:
Bookings Secretary – Rodmell Village Hall
Tel: 01273470935 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact Telephone Number|
Reason for use
Upon receipt of this form, an invoice for the hire of the Hall will be issued.